PGA Golf professional Mitchell Spearman has discovered with the use of a 3D Doppler Tracking Device for Golf such as a FlightScope, he is able to offer his students much better analysis of the swings. Spearman gets great readouts on ball spin, direction, distance, and what the club is doing at impact.
Club FittingFlightScope is an ideal tool for custom club fitting as it provides accurate ball flight and club travel information, rather than only launch data as provided by most other instruments on the market. To optimize shaft selection, the Acceleration Profile provided by FlightScope makes it easy to determine when players are fitted with the correct shaft for their specific swing and loading of the shaft during the swing. The Acceleration Profile measured by FlightScope provides an instantaneous measure of the quality of the golf shaft fit for the player being tested.
In addition to the clubhead speed at impact, the FlightScope system also provides the clubhead speed profile before, through and after the strike. In addition, the FlightScope system also measures a 3D club path through the strike zone, providing the fitter with angle of attack in both the vertical and horizontal directions.
The integration of Swing Labs Fitting Module with FlightScope makes an ideal systemized club selection tool for the retail environment in which consistency is ensured through user-friendly procedures. For more information on Swing Labs, see www.swinglabs.com.
CoachingFlightScope brings to College Golf the most advanced and cost-effective 3D Doppler Tracking Radar technology in the world. FlightScope predates all other 3D tracking radar-based ball and club-measuring systems. We know you work with players who want to improve daily and FlightScope allows you, the coach, to meet the high standards you set for your players and program. FlightScope is easy to use and flexible, featuring indoor and outdoor capabilities in one unit.
Gain a Competitive Advantage:
- Real-time Ball and Clubhead Tracking
- Indoor-outdoor Capability in One Unit
- In Use by Top Coaches, Instructors & Clubfitters Nationwide
- Outstanding Training & Support Programs
- Affordable for every Program
- Financing Available
- Gives you a Recruiting Advantage
Golf InstructionFlightScope features include:
- Easy and quick to set up
- User-friendly software
- World-renowned accuracy and precision
- Rated by users as the best software for golf launch monitors by far
- Durable and produced according to ISO9002:2000 international quality standards
- Shot history is automatically stored and retrieved for comparison afterwards
- Provides the most truly measured data elements in the industry today
- Used by world-leading golf instructors and academies with great success and references
Why should a Golf Instructor use FlightScope ?
FlightScope club- and ball-tracking data, in conjunction with simultaneous swing video, enable a golf instructor to explain more effectively than with swing video alone
- Students experience a more rapid learning curve using FlightScope feedback, combined with swing video
- FlightScope does not require a separate PC and can be run merely by adding a cost-effective 2nd LCD monitor to the same PC
In golf instruction, the use of video swing analysis is well understood and widely used. It is common practice to compare a student’s swing video to a reference player, often a PGA Tour Professional. Using video analysis alone provides visual feedback about the action for each player, but adding FlightScope club and ball tracking provides precise quantitative data of the club and ball travel as a result of the golf swing.
Watching the video comparison together with FlightScope data provides instantaneous feedback about the club and swing action as well as the outcome of the action.
An instructor can provide much more effective guidance using FlightScope data together with swing video analysis, compared to using swing video analysis alone.
It is now possible to run FlightScope on the same computer as most swing video analysis software by using an extended desktop technique. All that is required is the addition of a second PC monitor, together with the F11 toggle key that enables the FlightScope software to reside on the extended monitor.
PracticeFlightScope is a great practicing tool for golfers as it is extremely portable, can be used indoors and outdoors, is not sensitive to lighting conditions and can even be used in the rain. There will be no downtime when using Flightscope to work on your game. The feature rich Flightscope applications allow you to improve your game in a number of ways:
- Determine the exact distances of each club in your bag using the club comparison table.
- Use the grouping view to identify problem areas in your game. Are you missing greens and fairways? Use the grouping view to tighten your shot dispersion.
- Use the club analysis screen to work on your swing path, angle of attack, swing speed, club acceleration at impact and extension through the ball.
- Flightscope gives you all the tools to build a repeatable swing you can trust.
- Combine a video recording as part of the FlightScope data set to enable visual feedback that relates to club and ball data.
EventsFlightScope can provide action at a corporate golf day in which golfers can have a chance to be personally calibrated on a FlightScope 3D Doppler Tracking radar system and be able to take home corporate golf-day memories. Apart from experiencing the amazing FlightScope technology, each player can receive a printout of his/her own measured results. The printout can be customized with a sponsor’s name and logo.
With a video camera on the tee, combined video and ball-flight data can be captured of each player teeing off. This footage is great material for end-of-the-day awards, prizes and presentations.